We want to hear your thoughts on travel nursing...and we hope to succeed in this endeavor by asking the right questions.Click here to link to our website!!!

5/18/2011

Facebook almost got me fired!



Syndicated from allnurses.com May 9, 2011

This is a story from a lady about her Facebook experience. She writes it as a warning for all.

Hi AN family,

This topic has been discussed throughout many threads but I wanted to designate a single thread to this issue. I am a Facebook junkie just like many people from my generation.

I would never post anything patient related or anything that would breach HIPAA. I posted a very tongue-in-cheek status about the daily struggles of nursing (such as drug seeking patients, non-compliant patients, and the patients with a grand sense of entitlement to name a few).

It was meant to be sarcastic and humorous. Well, long story short, HR got a hold of it and almost fired me for it. They said it made me look like a cold, callous nurse and that doesn't sit well with their core values as a facility.

My point of this thread is to be extremely careful about what you post on the internet. My page was as private as it could be but they managed to view it through a "friend's" page.

Luckily, I was able to keep my job and learned a valuable lesson. Don't post work related ANYTHING on your social networking sites.

Do you post about work on Facebook and have you ever been reprimanded?

No comments: